Welcome to East Stroudsburg
Free Parking will be offered in the following areas from December 17 through December 24!
Crystal Street, Washington Street, S. Courtland Street, and
within the municipal parking lots of S. Kistler Street and S. Courtland Street
New employment opportunities available! View our Employment Opportunities
The Borough of East Stroudsburg was created by an Act of the Pennsylvania State Legislature and incorporated as a Borough in 1870. Our municipality includes an area of approximately 2.5 square miles and a resident population of over 10,000.
East Stroudsburg Borough originally was the industrial center of Monroe County due to the railroad. Now it is home to the two largest service institutions in the county, East Stroudsburg University and Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono.
The Borough operates under the provisions of the Borough Code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Borough Council (the legislative branch of the local government) is made up of six (6) members, who are elected by wards. The administrative branch of the Borough government is directed by a professional administrator (Borough Manager) appointed by Council. The elected Mayor serves as the official “Head of State”. A separately elected Tax Collector is responsible for collecting borough and county real estate taxes.
Click on the following links for more information about the East Stroudsburg Borough: